LOOKING FOR A CAREER WITH RICHMOND FURNITURE?
Richmond currently employs in the region of 120 employees, the majority of employees are based at our Head Office site in Hadfield, Glossop with a number of “off site” positions held nationally. We are always keen to hear from individuals who would like to join us and to this end we have provided below a small overview of some of the functions/roles within our business.
- General Operatives with roles ranging from working on the Assembly Line to Picking, Packing, Loading and Stores/Goods In
- FLT/General Operative (counter balance diesel and electric)
- CNC Wood Machinist.
- Shop floor Management roles for example Charge Hand, Supervisor, Manager
- Production Planning & Inventory. Calculating and monitoring materials in stock and planning/ordering ahead to accommodate demand. Material items are both manufactured on site and bought in from external suppliers.
- Engineering/Maintenance. Predominantly we use Electrical Engineers with knowledge in EN, CNC and PLC controls and knowledge of compressed air and hydraulic systems. Maintenance would include the setting, repair and maintenance of major machines.
- Product Design Engineers. Responsible for the design and development of furniture, predominately kitchen and bedroom furniture. We would be looking for a degree in product design or equivalent design qualification and proficient in the use of Solid Works or other similar software. Experience in designing furniture is essential together with a valid driving licence.
- Kitchen Planner/Designer. Using PLANIT FUSION design software you will be designing the layout of a kitchen from architectural drawings and preparing costing of same. Experience in the use of Kitchen Design software (ideally PLANIT Fusion) and a background in planning a kitchen layout is also required.
- Customer Service. Our Customer Service Department is based at Head Office and prides itself on providing first class service and support to our customers.
- Retail Showroom Sales. We have a showroom on site at Head Office with a team of Sales Consultants and Customer Service Staff. The role of Sales Consultant involves seeing a sale through from start to finish. Following up on sales leads, home visits to measure, plan kitchen layout, produce order for production and monitor production and delivery dates.
- National Sales. We have a team of National Sales and Business Development Managers covering the country handling our private developer and social housing contracts.
- HGV Drivers (Class I & II) & Van Drivers.
- Fitters. We have a small team of employed fitters and a number of sub-contracted fitters working with us. All fitters use their own vehicle and own tools and are required to hold valid CSCS cards. Anything else?
- Surveyors. Surveying new-build projects and inspecting existing kitchen layouts, duties include acting as liaison between the client and Richmond on all aspects of ordering, delivery scheduling, surveying, build and quality, providing external representation to all developers and contractors.
If you are looking for employment or fancy trying something new and we have tempted you with one of our roles please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter via the form on this page or email/post a copy as per details below.
Please state the nature of the role that you would like to be considered for.
Personal details supplied by you in respect of a speculative job enquiry will be held by our Human Resources Department for a period of 6 months. If an appropriate position arises during this time we will contact you directly. After this time your details will be deleted from our system/records and securely destroyed. Your personal details will only be used by us to contact you in relation to a vacancy and will not be used for any other purpose nor will they be passed on to any third party.
Hadfield Industrial Estate